Wednesday 6 March 2013

Dipping my toes back in

It's hard to say why I haven't posted here for a long time. I was really enjoying the experience of sharing my writing and had no intention of stopping. Then last term I got busy, really busy. I was lecturing in English literature every week, I'm an English as a Foreign Language teacher so I was way out of my depth (it was actually a brilliant experience despite the swallowing of all my time). Then I had some techno-issues, I hid from them, unsurprisingly that didn't fix them. I didn't take responsibility for fixing them myself.

Then somehow, I lost the faith. I lost the faith in myself, the belief that I could do it. I stopped believing that I had anything interesting to say or that anyone would be interested in reading it.

So why am I back? Well I want to show my children (and myself) that it's great to try but it's also okay to flounder sometimes and that it doesn't mean you have to give up. I want to show them that dedication to something you care about is never a waste of time, and that by trying, getting lost and trying again we learn and we grow.

So here's to growth and change and a big dose of self-belief for all. The posts here will get a bit more eclectic as I want to share a wider range of writing with anyone who cares to read it. I hope you will.

Thank you ever so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment